Pumpkin lentil soup with curry, red pepper and coconut, garnished with black sesame seeds and chives
Pumpkin lentil soup with curry, red pepper and coconut, garnished with black sesame seeds and chives. Delicious hot soup for the winter days. Delicious after a brisk walk, for lunch or with sandwiches for dinner. What’s your favorite soup moment?
Pumpkin lentil soup with curry, red pepper and coconut, garnished with black sesame seeds and chives.
- 200 grams red lentils
- 1 small sweet potato washed and peeled
- 1 small pumpkin
- 1 carrot washed and peeled
- 1 red onion peeled
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1 small finely chopped red pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 40 grams coconut santen
- 1 liter (vegetable) broth
- olive oil for frying
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 cm grated ginger
- 1 cm grated turmeric or 1 tsp turmeric powder 1
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
for the garnish
- sesame seed
- Chop the onion and finely press the garlic.
- Peel the pumpkin. Remove the pits and cut into coarse pieces.
- Cut the carrot and sweet potato into pieces.
- Fry the onion and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add ginger and turmeric along with the cumin seeds, curry and red pepper to the onion/garlic mixture. Bake briefly.
- Add the pumpkin, potato and carrot. Mix the vegetables with the herbs and fry them for a while.
- Rinse the red lentils in a colander. Add the red lentils, broth, tomato puree and coconut santen.Let the soup simmer for 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Puree the soup with a hand blender into a nice thick soup. Add some water or coconut milk if the soup is still too thick.
- Divide the soup among the soup bowls.Garnish with black sesame seeds and chives.
Are you vegetarian or do you just want to eat less meat, but do you also love shawarma? With homemad...
Swiss chard salad with gooseberries, fresh soft goat cheese and blackcurrant jam. There is no dressi...
Taste the autumn with this pumpkin chestnut burger. This veggie burger is baked nice and crispy in t...